With more than twelve years in the gaming industry and eleven years in high education, I started this awesome journey by founding the art department at AKE/Digipen-Lebanon.
For 6 years, I was the head of art department, worked on several types of projects varying from 2D and 3D game production, illustration, character designing, modeling, texturing, training and recruiting new artists. I founded Wixel Studios in 2008 with Ziad Feghali and Karim Abi Saleh. It was the first Indie gaming company in Lebanon and one of the first in theMiddleEast.
I was the lead artist and art director of all the games produced under Wixel Studios. Addition to my artistic responsibilities, I was heavily involved in the game design, game mechanics and gameplay of the top hits created at Wixel.
I set the visual standards that enabled Wixel studios to become the pioneer in the region for delivering high end games for the web, Facebook and smartphones. I was responsible of recruiting and training the best talents to deliver the international level of content that Wixel is famous for.
Alongside myWixel role, Iwas a tutor and advisor for some of the most talented Lebanese students in two major private universities in Lebanon, Balamand (ALBA) and the Holy Spirit University (USEK) in which I created the animation curriculum for the multimedia MA students.
2008-Present:Wixel Studios,co-Founder–Head of Art Department
Since 2008, my role was the art creation and direction of games in Wixel.
This includes a role in the game design and mechanics, character design, illustration, animation, environment and other game art assets.
• Art director and lead artist of Survival Race – 2012 (iOS, Android)
Biggest mobile production in theMiddle East. More than 700,000 downloads on both platforms and 40,000 monthly active users.
• Art director and lead artist of LittleHeroes– 2012 (iOs, Android)
• Art director and lead artist of Santa’s Rookie – 2010 (iOs)
• Art director and lead artist of My Balls – 2011 (iOs, Android)
• Art director and lead artist of Who Does Egypt Want? – 2010 (Web/Facebook Connect)
• Art director and lead artist of Gaza Shield – 2009 (Web)
The game was created during the Gaza clash in 2008/2009. A documentary holding the same name of the game was filmed during the production of the game. The documentary has been in 12 international festivals and wan 5 awards.
• Art director and lead artist of Collitical – 2008 (Web)
• Art director and lead artist of Furn Al Shebbak – 2008 (Web)
The game accumulated an approximate amount of 730,000 users over a period of 3 years
• Art director and lead artist of Douma Game – 2008 (Web) A political game mortal combat style with Lebanese politicians released in 2007 in a tense political situation in the country. The game attracted more than 3 million unique players.
Art director and lead artist (Advergames- Clients):
• 2011 – D Marathon (Darina), Evil potatoes (MasterChips), Glenfiddich trivia game (Glenfiddich), DFactory (Darina)
• 2010- MBC Tash 17 (MBC group) and Almaza ihtiyat (Almaza)
Art director and lead artist (Edugames – Clients):
• 2011- Civil Defense Disaster Awareness game entitled “Civil Guardians”
• 4 Nestle PC games, Snack, Milk and Dairy (3D), Wafer Production, Breakfast.
• Art director and lead artist of the first animated interactive political documentary in the Arab world for Jebha Front (a Lebanese political party)during the 2009 elections.
2003-2008: Digipen/AKE– Chief of Art Department
• Founder of the AKE art department in Lebanon.
• I was responsible on the recruitment and training of the artists.
• Designed, illustrated and animated more than 30 games as part of Digipen’s academic curriculum (Digipen’s summer workshop).
• Lead artist of Fun2 editor UX and games examples.
• Lead artist and co-designer of Feebee, a demo for Wild tangent.
• Lead artist of ProjectFUN Summer Workshops and ProjectFUN Summer Workshops Junior interactive CDs.
2009-2012: University Saint Esprit à Kaslik (USEK)
Established the MA curriculum in animation for the multimedia department in USEK along with Mr Ziad Feghali. Character animation. Advanced character animation. 3D digital sculpting. MA in animation supervisor.
2004-present: Fine Arts Lebanese Academy(ALBA)/University of Balamand
• Instructor – 2D Animation and Production
• Supervisor (MA – BA) – 2D Animation and Production
• Supervisor and Instructor (MA – BA) – Illustration
2006-2007: Digipen institute of technology (Redmond,WA)
• Animation and game production with flash. Art for 2D and 3D game production.
• Character design and animation.
2010 IVLP (US Embassy in Lebanon)
• Participate in the “Business Management and Entrepreneurship” program for 3 weeks in the US with IVLP
Gaming community engagement:
• Founding member, adviser and judge of the Netherlands Gaming Award in Lebanon.